A Battle for King and Queen of Glendhu
The Glendhu Supreme is back for our final race of the season!
2022 Race Results:
Date: May 7, 2022
Location: Bike Glendhu, Glendhu Bay, Wānaka
Start time: 9am
Race Briefing: 8am
Cost: $25 entry for all ages (does not include trail pass)
Optional add-ons: $20 for a trail pass ($10 trail passes for Bike Wānaka members)
Once you have completed the registration form you will be emailed a link to pay your entry and pre-purchase a trail pass. Your entry is not confirmed until payment is received.
- 9am Le Mans-style mass start in the skills area
- Follow the course, no shortcuts, no 4WD track
- Uphill section- Skills area to Falcons Nest (Kākāriki Up, Switch It Up, Monsoon Hoon, Adze Up) approx 12km, 450m climb
- Downhill section- Falcons Nest to River Crossing (Upper and Lower Baywatch, Jairolla, Fern Berms) approx 5km, 0m climb
- The Super Loop is the 2 sections combined- approx 17km, 450m climb
- The Kid Kakariki race is approx 8.9km, 180m climb total from the Skills area, Kakariki up to Jacks Spot (approx 5.1km, 180m climb) and Kakariki down to the river crossing (approx 3.8km, 0m climb).
Racers of the full loop category can still win the DH only category
Timing System: Webscorer
Racers must take enough food, drink and spares to keep you going.
Helmets mandatory at all times, open face helmets are allowed.
Bring other clothing and gear depending on conditions and for looking after yourself and your bike.
Please note that while the park will be open to the public on race day, however, the 9am start should give racers enough of an advantage to avoid park users. The race ends at the Culvert so there is no need to race on the two-way path back to base.
- Youth Queen
- Youth King
- Open Queen
- Open King
- Electric Queen (all ages)
- Electric King (all ages)
- Kid Kakariki Queen (U12)
- Kid Kakariki King (U12)
If you’re keen to volunteer we would love a hand. We’ll provide plenty of treats and a day pass to be used/ gifted on another day this season. You’ll be part of a great team that delivers our final event of the season. Registration link to volunteer coming soon.
EVENT CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
The race will run rain or shine. In the incredibly unlikely event of having to cancel the race, a refund will be provided.
If either you can’t make it due to COVID 19 restrictions at our borders, or if there is a re-emergence in NZ of COVID 19 cases forcing us to cancel the event, we will refund your entry fee in full.
Entries are not transferable. Refunds may be available if a withdrawal is requested in writing prior to Friday May 6, 2022. . If accepted a refund of the entry fee less a $10 admin fee will be applied. Withdrawals submitted after Friday May 6are not eligible for a refund. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.